Prepare the FatturaPA
Each invoice, or invoice lot, is considered a file by the Exchange System that has been prepared according to the format of the FatturaPA. A single file, or several single files, may be contained in a compressed file (an archive file), in zip format.
After preparing the file, it must be “named” in the appropriate way so that it can be accepted by the Exchange System.
- In the case of a FatturaPA file the following nomenclature must be used:
Country CodeTransmitter's Unique Identity Code _ Progressive Unique File Code
- the Country Code follows the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code standard,
- the Transmitter's Unique Identity Code, whether for a natural person or a legal entity, is represented by their fiscal identification code(codice fiscale in the case of a transmitter resident in Italy, identity code in use in the country of residence in the case of a transmitter resident outside Italy). The length of this identity code is:
- 11 characters (minimum) and 16 characters (maximum) in the case where the country code is IT,
- 2 characters (minimum) and 28 characters (maximum) in all other cases,
- the progressive unique file code consists of an alphanumeric string, maximum length 5 characters, with permitted values from “A” to “Z” and from “0” to “9”.
The separator for elements making up the file name is the underscore character (“_”), ASCII code 95. The file extension will be “.xml” or “.xml.p7m” depending on the type of signature used (for information see the Sign the FatturaPA section).
The file nomenclature, as described, is kept when the file is forwarded to the Administration.
- In the case of an archive file the same nomenclature used for the FatturaPA file must be followed but the extension will be .zip.
which contains, by way of example:
When the Exchange System receives an archive file, it processes the file or files contained in it and then transmits them to the addressee Administration.