With an Implementing Decree of the Ministry of Economy and Finance of 7 March 2008, the Revenue Agency was identified as "Manager of the Exchange System".
The Revenue Agency, which makes use of Sogei for technical management and performance of the instrumental services, is engaged in:
- coordinating the Exchange System with the taxation ICT system;
- controlling the technical management of the Exchange System;
- managing the data passing through the Exchange System and processing the information flows for the purpose of integrating them into the systems monitoring public finances;
- overseeing the privacy of data and information passing through the Exchange System;
- preparing the six-monthly reports to the Ministry of Economy and Finance on the performance and evolution of the Exchange System.
With an Implementing Decree of the Ministry of Economy and Finance of 7 March 2008, Sogei SpA was appointed to ensure the technical management of the Exchange System, managed by the Revenue Agency.
In this context, Sogei is engaged in:
- developing, managing and performing technical and operational maintenance of the Exchange System;
- giving support and assistance to the public administrations;
- carrying out studies, research and statistical processing in relation to data passing through the Exchange System;
- actions necessary to adopt the technological infrastructure needed to receive and manage electronic invoices.
The Agency for Digital (AgID) is the national institute responsible for establishing, maintaining and publishing the Public Administration Index, the official archive with the references of all Public Administrations. Within the IPA, public administrations must upload their electronic invoicing offices with the relevant identification codes that suppliers need to put in the electronic invoice in order to guarantee its correct processing by the Exchange System.
Ministry of Economy and Finances
The Ministry of Economy and Finances (MEF), receives invoice data for the purposes of monitoring public finance and credit certification activities that businesses have towards Public Administrations, and offers to companies registered on the Electronic Market of the Public Administration list, transmission and storage services of electronic invoices.